- Academic libraries adapted to provide services for nontraditional students and to create subject-specific services.
- The increasing availability of digital resources has led to changes in how libraries provide services, emphasizing digital and information literacy.
- Academic Libraries have faced budget cuts, leading to a greater emphasis on demonstrating their value and impact and developing assessment and evaluation strategies.
- The changing role of libraries within higher education has led to a greater emphasis on collaboration and partnerships with other campus units.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the trend of digital resources and online services, requiring libraries to adapt quickly to provide virtual services and support.